Saturday, July 29, 2006

Jean Therapy

Hubby and the kids left for a week. Enjoyed the silence for a day. Missed them terribly the next. Went shopping. My coping mechanism - more expensive than a binky but less fattening than a Twinkie. Burned a hole in my budget the size of the void left by their absence.

Crap! Skinny jeans. Thought they would never come back. Like David Hasselhoff. Like cowboy boots. Like leggings. Some things are better left in the 80s. Like acid-wash. Like shoulder pads. Like acid rain.

Skinny jeans do not flatter me (or anyone else). But will stubbornly refusing to part with my semi-flares condemn me to be a sartorial loser? Will I have to donate my cherished 7s and Citizens to Goodwill? I'm so confused. Maybe like Charlotte, who hides her eyes to make her peas disappear (cheeky monkey), maybe if I refuse to buy into the trend, it won't catch on. Hopefully.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Angela, I'm not a fan of skinny jeans either... Well, in fact, it's the skinnies that are not a fan of my big ass. Let's hope the trend will dissapear soon...
P-Y xox