Monday, July 17, 2006

Golf war

I don't do sports with Hubby. His being a natural athlete and my being an unnatural one limits any fun we can derive from physical activity together. While he runs 8 kilometre circles around me, barely breaking a sweat, I'm another encouragement away from spewing out (stomach content and hainous insults).

Golf, however, is the exception. It is an individual sport practised in a social setting. Hubby gets to play with me but not against me. He plays the course and not me. I get to eat hotdogs and drink booze.

I used to play 2 to 3 times a week. I haven't golfed in a long while. Thank the kids. It's difficult to play well when you have a baby belly, and/or no baby-sitter. This past weekend was my first golf outing in 4 years. I was told that golfing is like biking - you never forget how. (Dude, you say that cause you never saw me on a bike.) It is truly a sad day when you realize that you never forgot how to farm.

No comments: