Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Oneway to Belgium

I just put Hubby on the plane. On a oneway ticket. I think it sank in then, that he would only be back in a year. He misses winter, Montreal, golf and his family already. His Mom wanted to see him off at the airport. Teary goodbyes were never his thing.

All of his belongings fit in an extra-large travel duffle and a backpack. He still, however, manages to go over the 23kg limit allowed on Air Transat.

The stress of the last few days have taken its toll. I'm sick. Coughing, aches, pains and chills - nothing a cocktail of Advil and Tylenol, sleep, a hot totty and contempt can't cure. Daddy came out nonetheless to help me with (read spoil) the kids. I appreciate the help. It's the day after he leaves that's a bitch; attitudes are readjusted.

No comments: