Friday, September 22, 2006

Things I am Going to Miss: part I

The Fall television season has started. With a little more than a week to go before my departure, I don't know what is worse - getting to see one episode or missing them all altogether. Unfortunately, television is not one of our Belgian must-haves to ensure our comfort. And, I have yet to develop a taste for the too busy, too colorful, and too loud Euro-French variety shows. North American television is something I am going to miss. Some honourable mentions:

24
Jack Bauer's or rather "Kief's" presence at my friend Nick's wedding prompted me to rent seasons 1 through 4 of the series. Addicted, I once ran to the video store 5 minutes to closure to rent the next volume, and stayed up all night watching it. My friends and family do not exist on Monday nights.

Lance et Compte
Fromage at its best. With intrigues "loosely" based on hockey current events (only the names have changed), this series enriched Quebec vernacular with some classic profanity: "Sacrement Ginette". In this series, hockey is almost glamourous. Must be all that sex.

No comments: