Friday, April 06, 2007

Guilty Pleasures

My last year was spent not working outside the home. Girlfriends will notice the word choice indicating a shift in attitude; further reflected by customizing my car's front plate with an EU Belgian plate inscribed DNS M8D (dienstmeid nl. or bonniche f. or maidservant e.). I wear my status proudly if not sarcastically. Hubby sometimes assumes that I get to indulge in my guilty pleasures between feedings, diapers, playtime, and cleaning. I didn't know that I could:
  • do sudoku
  • watch Oprah and reruns of Little House on the Prairie
  • eat orange popcicles and Krispy Kreme donuts
  • listen to BonJovi (circa 1987)
  • read bitchy celebrity gossip web-sites
  • mouth all of the lyrics and dialogs to The Sound of Music, Grease, and Dirty Dancing
  • flip through fashion magazines
  • exfoliate
...in 15 minutes. I usually take that time to shower.

No comments: